101 & 103 Main St. - After the Civil War there were two wooden framed buildings here. To the south was W. A. Terry & Co. that was built in 1874 at 101 N. Main and next to it was Peel & Clark Drugs at 103 N. Main. The old W. A. Terry & Co. wooden building was moved around the corner onto West Central behind where the brick structure was built. The other building was moved a block and half down S. Main Street. The 3-story brick Terry Block building was built in 1888 and is an example of late 19th Century commercial style architecture. The corner of the building, when initially constructed, was Benton County Bank of which Mr. Terry was also the President. The American Snooker parlor was located in this building in the 1930's. By the 1950's the corner building was the D.W. Peel Insurance and Terry Peel realty agency. At the 103 N. Main address (before the drug stores came into operation) it housed Terry's Dry Goods on most of the first floor. In 1891 it was the Bentonville Mercantile Company. Strode Long Mecrcantile Copany, a dry goods, shoes and clothing store occupied this building by 1910. Around 1919 it became home of Tisdale Drug Store. In the 1950's and early 1960's it became the Applegates Drug Store and was run by Joe and Blanche Applegate. In the mid 1960's Jim Tinnin opened his drug store in this location. In the early 1970's Rose Drug became the occupant. Today this is occupied by the Walmart Museum and Soda Fountain.
The man sitting in this photo is W.A. Terry who built and owned the building