In the winter of 1880-1881, most of the north side of the Bentonville square was destroyed by fire. This building would have been rebuilt sometime in the 1880s, and the first occupant was probably Bates & Meador Groceries.
In the 1890s, we know Warner & Jefferson Grocery was housed in this location. By 1892, the telegraph office was located in the upstairs of the building. It is thought that during the People's Bank robbery in 1893, there were people upstairs in this building who witnessed the scene as it unfolded. They had a good view of what was going on from the upper windows.
The George Jefferson Grocery was located on the lower floor in 1919. During the 1930s, it was the Harry S. Jackson Grocery. By the early 1950s, 101-103 N.E. 2nd St. was Little's IGA. Rose's Total Beauty Salon occupied the building in the 1970s.
Overstreet's Jewelry has been at this location since the 1980s.
Overstreet's Jewelry as it appears today.
We wonder why some people are afraid of clowns! In the background you can see Little's IGA from the 1950s