Photos from the 1880's show that two wood structures were at this location (see photo below).
The current building at this address was built in 1888 for Dr. C. D. Taliaferro, an early Bentonville physician. The downstairs of the east side of the building housed a meat & grocery store, while the west side was a drugstore owned by Dr. Taliaferro. When the building was first opened, the upstairs was used for making cigars. All the tobacco used for the cigars was grow here locally.
One old photo showed the east side of this building being C. C. Clarke Bakery. Behind the store, the bakery had a wood-fired oven.
Over the years, in the east side of this building, the following businesses were located: New Racket Store, Boon Bros. Dry Goods and J. D. Keith Grocery Co. In the west side of the building in the 1920's was Log Cabin Cafe, followed in the 1930's by the Dixie Bell Cafe, then Perry's Eatery which was still there in the 1950's. Krogers Grocery Store was also located at this location at one time. In 1961, Roy's Office Supply moved into the building and continued to be a mainstay on the square for many years.
Today the building is home to Table Mesa Restaurant.
In the late 1800's, these two structures were located where 108 E. Central is now.
Log Cabin Cafe - Red and Elva Cavness were co-owners with Pete and Bland Woolsey who ran it and lived upstairs. The log cabin mural on the back wall can just barely be seen in this photo.