The original building that was at this location in 1883 was the Peel & Clark general mercantile store. This building was originally located where the Terry Block building is, but was moved before the Terry block building was built to this location. By 1904 this building had been torn down. About 1910 a new building was built at this location and it housed the Bentonville Sun newspaper.
This is a copy out of a Bentonville souvenir brochure from around 1910. On one side of the building you can see on top H. L. (Harvey Lamar) Cross who was the owner-operator of the Bentonville Sun newspaper. "The Sun " is written on the opposite side of the building. After he left for Little Rock, his daughter Zillah (Cross) Peel took over running the newspaper. The paper operated out of the south side of the building. On the north side at this time there was a jewelry store. At other times this building housed the "9 Cent Store" and the R. E. A. building (Rural Electric Assoc.). Located on the south side of this building in the 1930s was Arkansas Western Gas Company. In the 1950s, Nu-Art Studio was located here. in the 1960s, it was Tasty Bakery. On the south side of the building was W. O. Bingham Sales & Service (Plumbing).