The Covey/Bain house was built in the early 1900's. It was originally owned by Gravette native J. D. Covey, who was an Assistant State Bank Examiner. He made a trade with Dr. B. C. Bain for the house in 1914. Dr. Bain was an eye, ear, nose and throat doctor who had an office in this house. He also had an office in Rogers. In 1965, Dr. Bain's widow sold the house to Edgar Donald who used the house as rented apartments. In 1982, the Benton County Democrat opened their offices in this building. In more recent years the building has been occupied by Rife & Co. Appraisers and Emerson Group.
This photo was taken about 1909 when the house belonged to J. D. Covey.
Dr. Bain's name is embedded in the sidewalk in front of the house.