One of the pioneer plants of the area which is a progressive organization serving the needs of the poultry and dairy industry is Eagle Mill. The mill, originally started as a flour mill, was incorporated in 1940, and was owned by the mayor J. C. Knott, Gordon Knott, and Mrs. E. P. Knott. Completely rebuilt with new machinery throughout, the plant is now a feed mill and shortly will be on the market with a new feed under the trade name "Eagle Feeds". J. C. Knott, who is president of the organization, was connected with General Mills and late the Quaker Oats Co., before coming back to Bentonville to take over Eagle Mill. A pioneer in the poultry and dairy business in this area, the organization now have their feed being tested by the National Research Council, in an effort to produce the finest feed possible for dairy cattle. The mill is well equipped to serve the needs of this area. A hammermill with a capacity of 7 1/2 tons an hour, a molasses mill with a capacity of 10 tons an hour, new scales and ample storage facilities handling 20,000 bushels of wheat alone, are among the new equipment designed to make it the finest in the area. The Eagle organization was a pioneer in the poultry financing business in the area. "Our aim is to make the finest feed possible," Mr. Knott said, "a poor feed might fool the farmer, but a poor feed will not fool the dairy cow"