Because of a computer malfunction the written early history of the church was lost. The one thing that is known is the old church building was built in 1884. The building served the congregation until 1948. At that time the building was razed to make room for the new church building. In May 2, 1948 the church broke ground on a new church. The new build was expected to cost about $100,000, the church had already raise $45,000. The new building was in the shape of a "T" with the front facing S.W. A St. The building was two story in height, 40 feet wide by 139 feet. The main auditorium was 40 by 87. The building was done with modern fireproof steel reinforced masonry construction. Since that time a new auditorium has been built, but the building built in 1948 is still part of the new church building (see lower photo).