The Bentonville Mill was located about two blocks east of the Bentonville square between East Central and N. E. 2nd St and was located on the spring branch. The mill was built in 1869 by T. K. Blake and J. Claypool. In 1884. John Curtis was the proprietor of the mill. The mill had a two runs of buhr stone and had the capacity to process 100 bushels of wheat and 200 bushels of corn a day. This photo was taken in the mid 1880s.
A new mill was built around 1904. It was three stories tall, 36' X 36' in size, with a basement. It had a capacity to grind 100 bushels a day. The mill was later owned by W. M. Bowman who sold it to C. H. Rich.
The house in the background was the home of Dr. Talliaferro. One of the rooms in the house was used as a school. The house sits about where the Benton County Court Annex is a today.