The church was organized in Bentonville in 1852 by Rev. Joshua F. Green, W. K. Marshall and A. W. Morrison. The later lost his life during the Civil War while returning from the mill. It is unknown weather it was soldiers, irregulars, or bushwackers who killed the pastor. After the war the church struggled and was revived in 1870 with 35 members. The ruling elders of the church at that time were E. J. A. Dickson and A. W. Dinsmore. Mr. C. M. Richards was the pastor of the church at that time till his death in 1872. The church was without a pastor until 1873 when Rev. D. C. Boggs from South Carolina took the position. In 1877 the Bentonville Presbyterian Church built a new brick church at 406 W. Central Ave. He served the church for 28 years until his death in 1901. After that Rev. A. E. Miller served as pastor for two years. In 1904 Rev. J. E. Wylie became the pastor of the church.