The First Christian Church of Bentonville was first formed at the house of Berry Graham in May of 1867. The organization consisted of 13 charter members. Larkin Scott became the first preacher of the church. Pastor Scott wasn't pastor long, then Dr. J. W. Ellis replaced him. The first elders of the church were: Berry Graham, John A. Reed and Leonard West. Mr. Graham gave a very generous donation towards the building of the church and land. Most of the gentlemen in the church helped to build their first house of worship in 1868. It was built at the northeast corner of Court and Smartt St. (now NW 2nd & A Street). The description of the building was "comfortable and sufficient".
This building was sold in 1904 to Dr. Bedford, and another lot was purchased across the street to the west. A modern church was built on that lot and was completed in January of the next year. The new building had a furnace heater, electric lights, oak pews and art glass windows. By the time this church was completed, the Christian Church had 150 members.
Today the First Christian Church has moved to 807 S. E. 14th St. in Bentonville. Their former home has become a restaurant called "The Preacher's Son."